We are delighted to be shortlisted in the London region for the Living Wage Champion awards. The awards will be judged over the next three weeks by a panel of community leaders from Citizens UK. The winning organisations will be announced during Living Wage Week.
It can be really tough managing your own business, especially in the current financial climate.
Bootstrap Company have teamed up with Fair Finance & Barclays bank to run a special event to help you develop your working practices and connect with other Bootstrap tenants and local businesses.
Programme ('The Big Meet' Next to Merci Marie Cafe)
1700 - Welcome
1710 - Key Note Address - Fundamentals of business planning (Senior Business Advisor,Barclays Bank)
1720 - Quickfire Introductions (Max 3 mins):
1. Fair Finance - Funding & General Business Advice
2. Accountants - Book Keeping & Good practice for managing your accounts.
3. Barclays Dalston Branch - Banking, Financing, Restructuring, Equity, Business planning & Debt Management.
4. Crowdfunding - Abi Bulley (Little Bee Community)
1800 - 1900 Breakout Sessions
Breakout sessions, informal networking and drinks. Attendees are then encoruaged to seek out professionals that are most relevant for there own business and ask questions and advice. Or, to just relax and have a drink and make new contacts.
We really hope you can join us, hopefully this will be the first of a regular meetup. Places are limited so please book early to avoid dissapointment.
Connect. Collaborate. Create.
To register please visit our eventbrite page by clicking here.
Photo exhibition exploring traditional Justice in post-war Sierra Leone. In Sierra Leone, justice is a journey. East London-based photographer Aubrey Wade explores the ways people access justice in a country with a diverse traditional justice system and few lawyers in an exhibition of vibrant colour photographs. Wade has worked in Sierra Leone for over a decade.
Opening night: 11 September 2014, 6.30pm - 9pm.
Exhibition runs 12 September - 29 October 2014
The Printhouse Gallery
18 Ashwin Street, London, E8 3DL
Bootstrap Company believes in the power of creative and social microenterprises to be a critical asset in the regeneration of communities - our core activities are focused on three things:
· Supporting Small to Medium size Enterprises – As well as providing high quality, affordable managed workspace, we also support our tenants by providing tailored business support, providing networking opportunities and promoting their work
· Piloting innovative educational projects – By leveraging the creative enterprises that are part of the Bootstrap community we develop programs that focus on creative learning and career building
· Creating a space for cultural exchange - Striving to push borders on re-imagining space and creating unconventional experience are central to our enterprise. We manage a gallery showcasing up and coming artists, a bunker space used for a variety of art and dance performances and the Dalston Roof Parks various events.
Everyone must comply with the Bootstrap membership rules, we will not tolerate any of the following: drunk, disorderly, irresponsible or dangerous behaviour. No vandalising or damaging of the property. There is a zero tolerance policy on drugs and any disrespectful behaviour to any member of staff. Anyone who does not comply with these rules will be asked to leave and will have their membership revoked. Alcohol is only to be served to people over 18 years old.
I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income tax and/or Capital gains tax for each tax year (6 april to 5 april) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. I understand that the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 that I gave up to 5 April 2008 and will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that i give on or after 6 April 2008.