Are you looking for a space to start or expand your business?
Become part of Bootyard, a project run by Bootstrap Company to turn a neglected carpark into a space for social businesses and community activities in the heart of Dalston.
Bootstrap Company are looking for a mix of start-up and established enterprises to populate the space.
THINGS WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN APPLICATIONS:
- Environmentally and socially conscious
- Up for collaboration and community events
- Bringing footfall and press coverage
- Knowledge and connections of local community
- Alignment with Bootstrap’s values.
OPTIONS FOR GETTING INVOLVED
1. A self-contained business in a 20ft or 40ft container.
2. Maker space in a shared studio or individual shed.
3. Pop-up retail or community activity
4. Open air event
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Everyone. We are hoping to be surprised by the variety of ideas.
Deadline for applications 16th February 2015
Click on the PDF link below for full details.
A retrospective of
Juliet Sugg’s celebrated installation Protect & Survive will be exhibited
at the Printhouse Gallery, Dalston from 29th Jan through to 6th March.
Post it’s second run, this will be a chance to see the show up close and personal through some of the key, original illustrations/sculptures as well as photography and film from Protect & Survive’s previous runs. There will also be a reprise of part of the performances on the opening night (Thursday 29th Jan 7.30 –10.30pm).
Uniquely combing illustration and performance in a surviving WW2 bunker in Dalston, Sugg attempts to push the boundaries of narrative art, producing a ‘live, 3 dimensional comic’ which asks the viewer to ‘step inside its story and immerse yourself’ into her strange and hallucinatory world.
Limited editions of the Protect & Survive comic and prints will be on sale at the gallery throughout the exhibition.
Gallery Opening hours 9.00 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Exhibition ends 6th March 2015 and is free entry.
Enquiries contact email@example.com
We are delighted to be shortlisted in the London region for the Living Wage Champion awards. The awards will be judged over the next three weeks by a panel of community leaders from Citizens UK. The winning organisations will be announced during Living Wage Week.
Bootstrap Company believes in the power of creative and social microenterprises to be a critical asset in the regeneration of communities - our core activities are focused on three things:
· Supporting Small to Medium size Enterprises – As well as providing high quality, affordable managed workspace, we also support our tenants by providing tailored business support, providing networking opportunities and promoting their work
· Piloting innovative educational projects – By leveraging the creative enterprises that are part of the Bootstrap community we develop programs that focus on creative learning and career building
· Creating a space for cultural exchange - Striving to push borders on re-imagining space and creating unconventional experience are central to our enterprise. We manage a gallery showcasing up and coming artists, a bunker space used for a variety of art and dance performances and the Dalston Roof Parks various events.
Remember the summer? Our 2014 highlight has to be the Bootcamp Live takeover of Dalston Roof Park - a careers event like no other, run by young people, for young people. Great memories - pure inspiration and positivity.
10 employers pitching real opportunities, panel debate, inspirational speakers and a live showcase with the legendary Bashy headlining.
This event was the culmination of a pioneering event management course run by Bootstrap Campus in partnership with HCVS & Talent Match London and led by Lyrix Organix. 8 weeks, 3 teams, 1 event.
Everyone must comply with the Bootstrap membership rules, we will not tolerate any of the following: drunk, disorderly, irresponsible or dangerous behaviour. No vandalising or damaging of the property. There is a zero tolerance policy on drugs and any disrespectful behaviour to any member of staff. Anyone who does not comply with these rules will be asked to leave and will have their membership revoked. Alcohol is only to be served to people over 18 years old.
I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income tax and/or Capital gains tax for each tax year (6 april to 5 april) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. I understand that the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 that I gave up to 5 April 2008 and will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that i give on or after 6 April 2008.